Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Craving the Familiar: A Pimento Cheese Story


     About a week ago I was really craving something familiar. Iwouldn’t say I was homesick exactly, just a little wistful. I was enjoying all the things New Orleans had to offer that were different from my home-grounds but still feeling that tiny tug in my heart for normal.

     My thoughts turned to food, as they often do, and I remembered that my favorite restaurant in Athens, GA posts recipes of some of their popular dishes on their website, generous right?

     Those who know me well know I am referring to Marti’s at Midday. Y’all. There is an over abundance of great dining options in Athens but Marti’s always and forever will be my favorite. In fact, I love it so much I had them cater my wedding and have never regretted that decision.

     On a given weekday you will find people lined up out the door for homemade pita chips, to-die-for chicken salad, soups of all kinds,knock-your-socks-off mint sweet tea, and my personal fave… pimento cheese; the quintessential southern lunch food.

So you know where this is going….



I made some.



 Something I had never done before. 



And am so glad I did. 



Matter of fact, you should too.



In a thought, perfect taste of familiar.



Click here or on any picture to check out this recipe and plenty of others by Marti’s at Midday.

4 comments:

  1. I definitely just pinned this... looks SO yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ryan! Trust me, it is sooo good :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks soooooo good! Where'd you find the recipe?
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never liked Pimento Cheese growing up, but now days if it is homemade with good quality ingredients, I love it! Gonna give this one a try :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...