Monday, January 7, 2013

Best of Pinterest Recipes

I noticed recently that my food board on Pinterest, lovingly entitled Food Glorious Food (Oliver!, anyone?), is by far the most pinned board I have. We are talking 193 pins. A full 92 pins more than the second place holder, my Home Sweet Home board. Go figure. 

I counted it up and so far I have actually tried 33 of the 193 pins. Almost exclusively entrees, appetizers, and side dishes. Rarely desserts. I have no idea why. Lord knows I have a sweet tooth. 

I also have no idea if this is normal. Do people actually put Pinterest ideas into practice? Am I going overboard? Underboard? Does it even matter? 

Probably not. 

Either way, I made a list of some of mine and Andrew's favorite recipes found on Pinterest. Of the 33 I've tried, about 8 have really stuck out. Those aren't great odds. Maybe I'm pinning the wrong things? Or maybe I'm not a great cook?

Or maybe I am asking too many questions? 

So here they are. In no order, our  top 8 Pinterest recipes... so far. 

Baked Potato Rounds
These were made exclusively to please my man and they did the trick. But really, who doesn't love potatoes, bacon, and cheese? (Other than Autumn, Kyle, and my stepmom Nancy.. they don't like cheese).



No Bean Chilli
Again, exclusively to meet Andrew's anti-bean requirements. But it was for realz good.


Easy Chicken and Dumplings
I've devoted a whole post to this one. 



Ham and Swiss Sliders 
Gracious merciful heavenly buttery cheesiness.


Sour Cream Chicken
Y'all, I make this over and over and over. Sometimes I mix sour cream and mayo and add Parmesan cheese. Easy peasy weeknight cheesy.


Chicken Divan
Another frequent flyer in my weeknight repertoire. Great for leftovers too!



Crockpot Tomato Basil Parmesan Soup
Tomato soup might be my favorite food on earth. Also, I don't like the taste of crock pots very much. I know that's blasphemy, forgive me. But this soup is to die for and can be done on the stove as easily as the crock pot so I take that route. Of the probably 5 or so tomato soup recipes I have tried, this is my fave. 



Santa Fe Chicken Salad
I probably made a batch of this for lunches 7 times last year. I actually made myself stop so that I wouldn't burn out. However, it is definitely time to bring it back!



So tell me, do you put Pinterest to practice in real life? If so, how does it usually turn out? Am I a total weirdo? 

Wait... don't answer that. 

And if you want to see more of my pins come follow me. And I'll follow you. And we will be a family. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. This is a fabulous post! I, too, pin a LOT of recipes, try only a few, and only LOVE a few of those. I feel like I need to do a "Best of Pinterest" post soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i have made those potato rounds and they are AMAAAAAAAAAAZING. seriously. so yummy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...