Monday, January 14, 2013

Pregnancy Update

*Sorry for my less than stellar photography, dirty laundry in the background, etc. These pictures are usually an afterthought and we all know I don't have a big girl camera. Maybe one day?

Yesterday I turned 25 weeks pregnant and for some reason I felt like that was a milestone. Honestly, every week feels like a milestone but something about the number 25 seemed significant. 



We had a routine appointment on Friday. I had not thought much about it because thankfully everything has been smooth sailing so far. I went through my list of questions with the doctor and at the end she pulled out a tape measure for the first time to measure my stomach. 

After stretching the tape measure out over my belly she looked at me with a puzzled expression and asked, "How many weeks are you again?" I told her I was almost 25 and then said, "what, am I looking small?"



I am well aware that I am not a small person but people keep telling me that I don't look very pregnant so I just assumed that was what she was going to say. However, she turned to me and said no, actually I was measuring around 28-29 weeks. 

Say what?

For about 5 seconds I felt embarrassed that I thought I was smaller and then I started to feel really worried. She said sometimes the tape measures are off so we would do and ultrasound just to check and get a more accurate measurement. 

By the time we got in the ultrasound room we had waited another 45 minutes, giving me ample time to google every possible reason I could be measuring that big. Mind you, all of them indicated some sort of problem. I recommend against this particular practice. 

She did the ultrasound and determined that baby James was only measuring a little ahead (about a week to ten days) and might just be a big baby. She also let me know that everything else including fluid levels were right on track. 

Thank you Jesus. 



I breathed a sigh of relief and enjoyed getting to see our little boy again. We reconfirmed that he is in fact, a boy. He left no room for doubt in that department and we got a hilarious picture that we will use as leverage one day when we need to embarrass him.



Otherwise, I am feeling as good as I expect I ever will during pregnancy. I am exercising again and it feels AMAZING. I mean it just really does something for my brain as much as my body. I am trying to get my arms and legs toned back up... don't know if this is realistic but I will try. 



This was 3 days after the last picture and I suddenly look huge!

I am FINALLY able to control my eating and not feel sick or like I can only tolerate crackers. This is a blessing I do not take for granted. I am loving being able to eat healthy things again that nourish the little guy  and make me feel good. Daily meals include Greek yogurt, blueberries, Kashi cereal, cottage cheese, nuts, apples, peanut butter, salads, lots of chicken, and veggies of all kinds. But I did eat two pieces of chocolate cake in a row yesterday, lest you think I am too healthy. I call this pregnancy prerogative. 

2 comments:

  1. you are looking AMAZING! wow! seriously!!! and you are doing SUCH a great job staying healthy. so excited :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That belly is ADORABLE! You look FABULOUS! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...