Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Button Button Get Your Button

A new dawn has come to my corner of the blogoshphere and at the risk of sounding like I am tooting my own horn; I am going to tell you about it.

I have created a button.

All by myself.

For free.


I am no graphic artist nor do I have any knowledge of HTML gibberish. However; many YouTube videos and Google searches have proven that with the internet and a little grit, all things are possible.

I wanted a button for my blog and I wanted to make it myself. I toyed with the idea of buying some fancy Adobe program and YIKES... who knew they were so expensive? That statement alone testifies to my true cluelessness.

Then I discovered what I'm sure many bloggers discovered ages ago, Pixlr. And now I'm forever changed.

If you are not sure what a button is, you are in the exact same boat I was in 3 months ago. Yes, we can journey quite far in 3 months.

Don't feel bad, I will tell you. It is a little picture representing a website that when clicked, takes you to that site. (Kind of like when you click a photo on Pinterest.)

I have lots of them in my sidebar for sites I really like/visit often.

So now, if you are a blogger, you can feel free to grab my sacred little homemade code and plaster that baby anywhere you like.

It may not be fancy or dynamic. It may violate some laws of design that I have never heard of. And in all honesty, it may not even work. But it is my precious and I'm proud of it.






Yellow Brick Life
 
Sidenote: If you are a blogger, how do you do your design? Do you DIY? What programs do you use? Do you want to be my mentor!? (JK... but not really.)


UPDATE: I couldn't leave well enough alone and revised it one more time. Here is the finished product!


Yellow Brick Life

9 comments:

  1. Haha, this made me laugh! I'm totally clueless myself and I just made one too! Made me feel like SuperWoman. Anyway, your button turned out so cute :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a fantastic job! I did my own as well, but it looks so elementary. (I'm working on a better overall blog design, so hopefully I will get more polished as I go.) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should be proud. It is so CUTE! You done good girl. Glad you are so happy!
    Cathi

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay! you did SUCH a good job, charlotte! LOVE IT!! as to answer your question - i design my button, blog, and all those doodads in Adobe photoshop. i'm blessed that i have a copy because of my job, but i'm definitely all self-taught. i'm no pro, but with practice, i'm getting better. i was a yearbook advisor at a high school my first couple years after college and so i had to learn quickly!! you are kicking butt and taking names, girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did great! I grabbed it, and it works :) I made my buttons in PicMarkr, Picasa, and Photoshop. I am not good at any of them (ha!), but I try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! Thanks guys, that's really encouraging! And thanks for grabbing my button Suzanne, I'm relieved it works! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGee! I told you I am a major blog stalker! Already snatched up your button thingie and it is posted proudly on my blogger:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. CUTE CUTE CUTE! I grabbed it! I'm impressed. :)
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...