Friday, May 25, 2012

My Best Friend's Wedding

I’ve just got to take a minute and RAVE about my best friend’s wedding. Katie and I have known each other since we were about 5 years old. We met when I moved to Bainbridge, GA and were both in Ms. Alan’s kindergarten class. We were fortunate enough to remain friends through high school and even went on to UGA together. In college we only grew closer and now we are living with our hubbys just one town apart (for the rest of the summer anyway).




Katie just got married in March. It was the quintessential southern wedding; hydrangeas, pearls, monograms and mayhaw jelly to boot!  I was a very proud matron of honor and enjoyed EVERY SINGLE SECOND. I almost think I enjoyed Katie’s wedding more than my own because I was so much less stressed!


One of the best parts was gathering together with all of our friends. It was so amazing to have all of our closest pals from college in our hometown. Here I am with Katie, Kathryn and Faren at Katie's bridesmaid's luncheon. We are so lucky!




The wedding was photographed by Bainbridge’s own Anna Kinchen. Y’all, this woman is one amazing photographer. I have already brainstormed how I will get her to photograph my future children even if we are in Louisiana. Is this not the most stunning picture?

I can say for sure that Katie will be one of the people I miss the most when we move. She has literally never been more than a 10 minute drive away. You just don’t come across friendships like that very often. Through college we started taking pictures together and would always laugh and say, “wedding slideshow!” I guess we never thought about the fact that a wedding slideshow didn’t need 50 or 60 photos of the two of us. Heck, I didn’t even have a wedding slideshow. But now I have a blog… even better!


1 comment:

  1. So sweet...just like your friendship...and it will be just fine with a little distance...hopefully for only a short time. Maybe yall will be back together in time to raise babies together and they will be best friends! I know how much Katie will miss not being near you, but I'm sure there will be quite a few trips to New Orleans in their future. Love you like you were my daughter, in fact you are the closest thing Katie has to a sister. Love and prayers for you all as you make this new adjustment.

    Love, Mrs. Karen

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...